Monday, April 28, 2014

April is MY Favorite

I love, love, love April.

It's a beautiful month; it's my birthday month (along with many other wonderful people, all of whom are my family and friends).

What is wonderful about April is that it comes with a lot of new beginnings. There is something about your birthday that just inspires you to do bigger, better things in your life. As I ponder on all that has happened in the past year, I am in awe of how much I have been given and blessed with. It is hard to imagine that a year ago, around this time, I was finishing my student teaching, I was planning a wedding, and I was reacquainting myself with all of my dreams and aspirations. A year later, I find myself here, ready to have my own classroom now more than ever and happy, happy with all that I have been blessed with and happy with all that I am learning.

To honor the happy moments in my life, I am starting the 100 Happy Days Challenge tomorrow. It's all about acknowledging the happy moments in your life and letting them define your day. We have so much happen in one day, yet we seldom take a moment to fully give credence to those happy moments. One bad decision, moment can change the course of our entire day and instead of appreciating the good moments, we define our day by the not so good moments. That's a shame, and we are all guilty of it. But with this challenge, I hope to change that! I'm going to be documenting my journey on my Instagram and will do some highlights on here, but I would love for all of you to join me in this. There is so much power in numbers!


Big things happen when you think outside of the box and give yourself the opportunity to do something meaningful in your life. If we never take a moment to do so, then when will we reach our highest potential? 

We are capable of so much, but being happy is something we too often sacrifice, and we aren't benefiting from it--not one bit. 

I am so excited to start this challenge, and I will do everything I can to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment